After just starting Pennies to Polka Dots in January…
… I’ve been nominated and have accepted the Liebster Award!!!
You are probably wondering what the Liebster Award is. Well it’s an Award given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers who deserve to be noticed. The Liebster Award recognises the good work of new bloggers like me, and helps to get to know other new bloggers and make bloggy friends.
Here are the rules
1- Answer 11 questions of the person who nominated you.
2- State 11 facts about yourself.
3- Nominate anther blogger with less then 200 followers.
4- Create 11 questions to give to your own nominee.
5- Have Fun!
The wonderful blogger that nominated me is Caroline from the blog:
Be sure to check out her beautiful blog about motherhood, home organizing, beauty and fashion.
Here are my answers to her 11 questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging about 3 years ago but started Pennies to Polka Dots January 2014.
2. What do you do to relax?
I love love love to read. There’s something about the getting trapped in a linear story that takes me away from everything (it doesn’t scatter me like the bazillion apps on my smart phone). Just finished The 3rd book in the Hunger Games Series “The Mockingjay“.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I love old cities but I’ve only been to a few in Europe. I would jump at the chance to get to Dublin, Munich or Venice.
4. Where do you get your inspiration for your blog.
Inspiration for Pennies to Polka dots comes from everywhere which is why it is so fun to write. The news, social media, my kids, fun things I find or adventures I’m having or even challenges I’m facing are all endless sources for my posts.
5. What is your best advice for new bloggers.
My best advice for new bloggers is to work on layout and photos. Beautiful blogs are fun to visit so check out what other great bloggers are doing, take note of the things that stick out for you layout wise and experiment with ways that you can create better photos with the tools you have. (hint – not all of us have a professional photographer on staff!)
6.Do you have a daily and yearly blog planner?
Ok…so I hate that you asked this question Caroline! Ack. haha
The answer is no. I’ve tried in the past to have a calendar but my subconscious instincts are to always buck schedules so I’ve had to abandon the idea and roll with spontaneous inspiration. One day though…I’ll get organized and do it. Promise.
7. What is your favourite food?
Pizza. By far.
8. What is your best recipe?
I make a really scrumptious gluten free lasagna in my slow cooker.
9. What is your favourite magazine?
Right now I’m loving Time magazine and Chatelaine. Chatelaine is serves up the perfect blend of style, home and cooking ideas without being pretentious or overly “Martha” and the new layout is gorgeous.
10. What do you do to celebrate?
Celebrating can’t be done right without friends and family so you’re going to do it right it has to be a party!
11. Do you have animals?
I’m a total dog person but I don’t have one right now. Luckily my mom has a dog so my little ones get a kick out of her (without all the messy poop pick up – we get enough of that in our diapers thank you).
11 Facts about Myself
1. I attended university on a full golf scholarship but never turned professional.
2. I lived in San Francisco for 5 years but now live with my family in Vancouver, BC.
3. I believe I was a small fish in a past life. Am terrified of things that might eat me in the ocean (even medium sized fish with no teeth). No other way to explain it.
4. It took me 10 years to discover that I am gluten sensitive but do not have celiac disease.
5. I love drawing caricatures – especially of people in my office.
6. I’m fascinated with Broadway musicals and am determined to see EVER SINGLE ONE.
7. I have a strange fascination with New York and could travel there a million times and not be sick of it.
8. I am terrible with plants. I don’t mean to hurt them, it just happens.
9. I love playing soccer but had to quit recently after breaking my leg.
10. My biggest pet peeve is when people unload HALF of the dishwasher and then you don’t know whether it is dirty or clean.
11. I have a habit of “borrowing” splenda packets from coffee shops. Can’t help it! I’m going to be that old lady with shoe boxes full of splenda packets in my closet.
My Liebster Nominated Blogger is…
Sara’s blog is super cute and full of challenges to keep you inspired. I also love how she feature’s her shopping budget and shows how you can score really great clothes for just a little cash.
Great job Sara! Keep up the awesome work.
So now here are my 11 questions for you:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the most exciting thing you’ve done in your life?
- Family. Big or small?
- Where do you get your inspiration for your blog.
- What is your best advice for new bloggers.
- What is your favourite thing to do outside?
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favourite movie?
- If you could live 1 year of your life anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is your best recipe?
Can’t wait to see your answers and get to know you better!
So now it’s your turn.
If you’ve been nominated by Pennies to Polka Dots for the Liebster Award above….make your own post, and search of new and upcoming blogs to nominate.
I hope you have fun!